Monday, June 17, 2013

Introduction

Hi, my name is Lauren. As mentioned in the description, I'm 23 years old and am currently funemployed. I graduated from the University of California, Davis in June 2012. (I question whether or not I'm still considered a "recent grad," since the class of 2013 just walked this past weekend.)

I guess I should start out by saying I'm not officially unemployed-- I currently work as an on-call sales associate at my local Macy's. It's definitely not my career choice, though. I interned at a nonprofit from October 2012- April 2013, so I like to say I've been on the job market for a couple months now. Aside from being a time to catch up on sleep and occasionally venture out during the day, I'm using this time to still figure out what I actually want to do for the rest of my life.

I was surprised to find out how much coverage there was on funemployment, ranging from other blogs to event listings, even a feature story published in SF Weekly. I was also a little disappointed to find out that none of these have been updated recently.

This blog will be mostly be documenting my experiences between now and the time I settle down with a full-time job. But as much as I look forward to this new project, I'm hoping I'll land a job soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment